about grace point church
Who we are is important to us. Why you might ask? Because that is what you see and ultimately how we are known. Our desire as a church is for others to see us as a group of people that love and care for God by loving and caring for others.
GracePoint Church of Gallatin believes and supports the Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention. It is for that reason that we affiliate ourselves with them, the Tennessee Baptist Convention on a state level along with being part of the Bledsoe Baptist Association on a local level.
GracePoint Church Gallatin exists to be a Great Commission Church. The Great Commission is found in Matthew 28:19-20
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen (Matthew 28:18-20)
GracePoint Church is a family of believers who holds dear the following beliefs:
- God—We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus—We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- Christ’s Return—We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- Holy Spirit—We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide Who lives in every believer.
- Bible—We believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man—We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation—We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Assurance—We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity—We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- Baptism—We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
- Church—We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
- Prayer—We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
Dr. Mark Grubb - Senior Pastor
"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."
1 John 4:7,
George Austin - Pastoral Care Pastor
"Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many."
Alan Johnson - Praise & Worship Leader
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16